Here are nine physician leadership updates Becker's has reported on since March 10:
- Alex Jahangir, MD, received the William W. Tipton Jr., MD, Leadership Award from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Klane White, MD, was named chair of the department of pediatric orthopedics and the Rose Brown Endowed Chair of pediatric orthopedic surgery at Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora.
- Michael Silverstein, MD, was appointed vice chair of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
- The Orlando Guardians, a professional football team in the XFL league, named Daryl Osbahr, MD, and Michelle Mullins, MD, as the team's official orthopedic physicians.
- Kerin Adelson, MD, joined the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston as its chief quality and value officer. She will also have a faculty appointment in breast medical oncology.
- McLaren Flint (Mich.) named Varsha Moudgal, MD, as its chief medical officer and vice president of medical affairs.
- Eleven healthcare providers were selected as participants in a physician leadership program through the Montana Medical Association.
- James Voos, MD, was the recipient of the Arthur C. Rettig Award for Academic Excellence from the NFL Physicians Society.
- Alcy Torres, MD, was named physician of the year for scientific achievements by the Ecuadorian Physicians College for his work in treating folate deficiency in the central nervous system of infants.