Companies announced 565 CEO exits in the first four months of 2023, according to one new analysis.
Here are nine hospital CEOs who have announced they are stepping down since May 5:
- Todd Burch is stepping down as president and CEO of McLaren Northern Michigan in Petoskey to pursue other opportunities.
- Maureen Kahn, MSN, RN, will transition out of her role as president and CEO of Quincy, Ill.-based Blessing Health earlier than previously announced.
- Greg Wood is retiring as CEO of Laurinburg, N.C.-based Scotland Health after more than 30 years with the health system.
- Patrick Green is leaving his roles as president and CEO of Lawrence + Memorial Hospital in New London, Conn., and executive vice president of Yale New Haven (Conn.) Health to serve as CEO of UF Health Jacksonville (Fla.).
- Paul Clabuesch will retire as president CEO of Harbor Beach (Mich.) Community Hospital on June 30.
- Steve Nierman has left his role as CEO of HCA Florida Blake Hospital in Bradenton, part of Nashville, Tenn.-based HCA Healthcare. Paige Laughlin, the hospital's COO, has been named interim CEO.
- Michael Ellis will retire as CEO of Navarro Regional Hospital in Corsicana, Texas, on May 26, after less than one year in the role.
- Jeremy Ensey resigned as CEO of St. Luke Hospital and Living Center in Marion, Kan., saying the role and healthcare industry have "been tiring." He will remain at the helm through late July.
- Tanya Sharp has resigned as CEO of Boone County Health Center in Albion, Neb., to pursue other opportunities.