Here are eight newly appointed CEOs, presidents and vice presidents reported by Becker's in February:
1. Craig Samitt, MD, was named CEO of Surround Care's National Physician Enterprise and vice president of the organization's Navvis population health company.
2. Miriam Hamideh, PhD, was elected president of the Los Angeles County Psychological Association.
3. Sharmila Makhija, MD, was appointed founding dean and CEO of the Alice L. Walton School of Medicine, a medical degree program seeking accreditation in Bentonville, Ark.
4. Johnson & Johnson added John Reed, MD, PhD, to its executive committee as executive vice president of pharmaceuticals, research and development.
5. Lansing, Mich.-based E.W. Sparrow Hospital named Margaret Dimond, PhD, its new president. Dr. Dimond will be the first female president in the hospital's 127-year history.
6. Sandra Aung, PhD, was named executive vice president and head of clinical development of Ambrx Biopharma, a pharmaceutical engineering company.
7. Dallas-based Steward Health appointed Marisela Marrero, MD, its inaugural senior vice president for healthcare equity and diversity, equity and inclusion.
8. Humana selected Sanjay Shetty, MD, to serve as president of CenterWell, its senior-focused primary care company.