From health system acquisitions to bankruptcy filings, here are seven private equity moves physicians should keep an eye on that Becker's has reported on so far in 2024:
- Private equity firm Aquiline Capital Partners acquired a majority stake in Health Prime International, which provides revenue cycle management services for physician practices.
- Alternative asset management firm TPG made a strategic investment in Compass Surgical Partners, which has developed or managed more than 250 ASCs across 35 states.
- Connecticut-based private equity firm Peloton Equity invested in OnPoint Healthcare Partners, an AI-enabled technology services provider focusing on reducing physician burnout and improving administrative efficiencies.
- Careismatic, a private-equity owned medical scrubs maker and distributor in California, filed for bankruptcy Jan. 23 as it logs $833 million in debt in the face of decreasing demand for medical supplies post-pandemic.
- Venture capital firm General Catalyst plans to acquire Akron, Ohio-based Summa Health and transform the health system into a for-profit entity.
- Louisville, Ky.-based BrightSpring Health Services, a home- and community-based health services provider that's backed by private equity firm KKR & Co., filed for an initial public offering in January.
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management closed on a $650 million investment fund to target life sciences that will focus on private equity investments in early- to mid-stage therapeutics companies.