Here are six physicians who have moved into leadership roles Becker's reported on in December:
- Nathan Fitton, DO, has been named the chief medical information officer for East Lansing-based Michigan State University Health Care. Dr. Fitton has been an associate chief medical information officer for MSU Health Care since 2019.
- Chris Ghaemmaghami, MD, has been selected as executive vice president, chief physician executive and chief clinical officer of Miami-based Jackson Health System.
- Philadelphia-based Jefferson Health has named Baligh Yehia, MD, as its new president, effective Jan. 17. Dr. Yehia will join Jefferson Health from St. Louis-based healthcare system Ascension, where he served as senior vice president.
- Aaron Kugelmass, MD, has been slated as the next executive vice president and chief medical officer of Deborah Heart and Lung Center in Browns Mills, N.J.
- Terrence Steyer, MD, has been named dean and vice president of medical affairs at the Medical University of South Carolina's College of Medicine in Charleston. Dr. Steyer has been interim dean of the college since April 2022. He previously served as chair of the department of family medicine.
- Susan Kaufman, DO, has been named the vice president and chief medical officer for Lima (Ohio) Memorial Health System. She will replace Dennis Morris, MD, in these roles when he retires in April.