Here are five compensation updates that physicians should know that Becker's has reported on since Sept. 5:
- Hospitalist-internal medicine is the specialty that saw the biggest jump in median pay from 2022 to 2023.
- The average resident's pay increases by $13,000 after six years of training.
- Eighty-six percent of residents who do not feel fairly compensated said it's because their compensation does not reflect their work hours.
- Psychiatry is the fastest-growing physician specialty, and the average annual salary in the field is $247,350.
- Base salary, productivity targets and other performance metrics is the most popular compensation structure for employed physicians.