Here are six stats and studies Becker's reported on in May that physicians should know:
- Electronic health records could negatively affect healthcare team well-being by limiting the communication and social connection needed to build relationships and navigate conflict.
- In 2022, 31.2 percent of U.S. physicians reported they have previously been sued.
- Southern California Permanente Medical Group is the largest physician group with 13,547 physicians.
- Only 57.5 percent of physicians said they would choose to become a physician again, compared to 72.2 percent in 2020.
- Fifty-six percent of medical group leaders cited staffing as one of the biggest productivity roadblocks medical groups face today.
- AI chatbot assistant ChatGPT outperformed physicians in providing empathetic answers to questions from patients.