Here are nine physicians stepping into leadership roles outside of the C-suite Becker's has reported on since Jan. 16:
- Eric Newton, MD, has been named president of University Gastroenterology, the largest gastroenterology group in Rhode Island.
- Arjun Venkatesh, MD, has been named chair of the department of emergency medicine at Yale University School of Medicine and chief of emergency medicine at Yale New Haven Hospital, both in New Haven, Conn.
- Mark Lee, MD, was named medical director of electrophysiology at MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute at Long Beach (Calif.) Medical Center.
- Sharmila Dissanaike, MD, chair of Lubbock-based Texas Tech University Health Sciences' Center Department of Surgery, has been elected the 2025 president of the American Burn Association.
- Martha Gulati, MD, has been named the Anita Dann Friedman Endowed Chair in Women's Cardiovascular Medicine and Research for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- April Armstrong, MD, has been named vice president for orthopedic services for Penn State Health Medical Group, which treats patients throughout Central Pennsylvania.
- Dr. Amre Nouh has been named regional chair of neurology for Cleveland Clinic Florida in Weston and will lead the clinic's Neuroscience Institute.
- Anne Borgman, MD, has joined the board of directors for NiKang Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focusing on the development of small molecule oncology medicines.
- Lucio Gordon, MD, has been named president and managing physician of the Fort Myers-based Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute, effective Jan. 16. Dr. Gordon previously served in these roles from 2018 to 2021.