Here are six legislative updates physicians should know that Becker's has reported on since May 26:
- Physician-owned practices with more than 25 doctors would be required to report information about their business structure, mergers and acquisitions annually to HHS under the proposed Promoting Access to Treatments and Increasing Extremely Needed Transparency Act.
- The Connecticut Hospital Association and Gov. Ned Lamont have made an agreement on healthcare legislative policies to reduce healthcare costs for Connecticut families.
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signed the Physician Workforce Act into law.
- The American Medical Association and nearly 100 other medical organizations sent a letter to members of the U.S. House of Representatives against the I CAN Act.
- The Florida Legislature passed an update to the Florida Electronic Health Records Exchange Act that bans the storage of electronic health records outside of the United States, its territories and Canada.
- Eighty medical organizations signed a letter expressing support for a bipartisan bill looking to expand the U.S. physician workforce.