Emergency medicine tops the list of physician specialties with the highest percentage of burnout, according to a survey with over 13,000 responses from physicians and nonphysician providers across 30 states conducted by the American Medical Association.
Here are the top six specialties experiencing burnout:
- Emergency medicine: 62 percent
- Hospital medicine: 59 percent
- Family medicine: 58 percent
- Pediatrics: 55 percent
- Obstetrics and gynecology: 54 percent
- Internal medicine: 52 percent