Web services giant Amazon has been making waves in the healthcare space in the last year. Here are eight Amazon health updates Becker's has reported on in the last 30 days for physician leaders to know:
1. Amazon has proposed a $3.9 billion acquisition of primary care company One Medical.
2. Experts have expressed concern over patient's privacy data with Amazon's healthcare presence.
3. Amazon Web Services teamed up with Chapel Hill, N.C.-based University of North Carolina's Eshelman Institute for Innovation.
4. Amazon Omics, powered by Amazon Web Services, launched a new genomics service in use at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
5. Amazon Web Services partnered with medical imaging company Visage.
6. Amazon is hiring for seven major health-related job positions.
8. The American Hospital Association is advising Amazon on the opening of its healthcare burnout application.