Here are seven moves by CVS Health that Becker's has reported on since Aug. 23:
- CVS Health said it plans to "move the needle on preventive care" by continuing to expand primary healthcare and using analytics and technology to reach patients where they are.
- The FDA sent warning letters Sept. 12 to CVS, Walgreens and six other companies for illegally marketing unapproved eye drug products.
- CVS Health CFO Shawn Guertin added the title of president of health services. In the role, he will be responsible for unifying the company's care delivery assets.
- Chief Pharmacy Officer Prem Shah, PharmD, is now the sole president of pharmacy and consumer wellness. CVS Health said the move will simplify the leadership structure for the segment.
- Chief Customer and Experience Officer Michelle Peluso expanded her role to focus on improving patient experience across the company's care delivery and service channels.
- CVS unveiled Cordavis, a new subsidiary focused on biosimilars in the U.S.
- CVS Health said that it is eliminating 5,000 "non-customer-facing positions" across the company. According to WARN documents filed in August, those layoffs are taking place in at least nine states.