Reading books can help physicians better understand how to care for patients from different backgrounds. It can also help them learn how to navigate increasingly complicated healthcare landscapes.
The American Medical Association asked physicians which books other physicians should read to support their medical and patient care knowledge.
Five book recommendations for physicians:
1. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen Covey
3. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck, PhD
4. The Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation, and Growth by Amy Edmonson, PhD
5. Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
Read more healthcare leader book recommendations here.