Healthcare executives across the country are leaving their roles, whether it's to pursue new positions, retire or for other reasons.
Here are six CEOs and presidents leaving their roles that Becker's has reported on so far in September:
- Jeff Bowman, CEO of Arkansas City, Kan.-based SCK Health since 2018, is leaving the role for health reasons.
- Brenda Wolf is retiring as president and CEO of La Rabida Children's Hospital in Chicago after 12 years at the helm.
- Craig Leach will retire as CEO of Torrance (Calif.) Memorial Medical Center on Oct. 31. Keith Hobbs has been serving as the hospital's president since February and will succeed him.
- Matt Wille is leaving his role as president and CEO of Traverse City, Mich.-based Munson Medical Center to serve as COO of Neenah, Wis.-based ThedaCare.
- Peter Hahn, MD, resigned as president of the University of Michigan Health-West. The news comes two weeks after the health system announced a restructuring of its executive team, including the elimination of "CEO" from Dr. Hahn's title.
- Rosalind Brewer stepped down as CEO of Walgreens Boots Alliance. Walgreens said Ms. Brewer and the board of directors "mutually agreed" she would step down from the helm and as a board member.