Increased autonomy and potential income growth are big draws for physicians interested in going into private practice, and the American Medical Association shared tips to help make that transition work.
The "Private Practice Playbook" was compiled by AMA physicians using information from its private practice coverage, according to a Dec. 5 article on the group's website.
Here are five keys to success for private practice physicians, according to organization:
- Find out changes independent practitioners can make to tackle problems faced by all medical professionals in physician-owned groups, and use the autonomy that comes with private practice to implement those strategies.
- Consider policies, specialties and locations carefully to help build a brand for your practice.
- Understand operational and financial management skills necessary for private practice physicians.
- Use leadership and communication to create a positive workplace culture.
- Implement proven workflow solutions, operations strategies and other methods to boost your practice's efficiency and productivity from business experts, including attorneys and accountants.