The number of physicians who feel as though digital health is advantageous rose to 93 percent in 2022, according to the American Medical Association's Sept. 13 digital health research survey.
The survey collected opinions on digital health from 1,300 physicians three times between 2016 and 2022.
Seven digital health trends in 2022:
1. The number of physicians who find digital health advantageous grew to 93 percent in 2022, up from 85 percent in 2016.
2. The number of digital health tools in use by physicians grew from 2.2 in 2016 to 3.8 in 2022.
3. The percentage of physicians who provide telehealth visits grew to 80 percent in 2022 from just 14 percent in 2016.
4. The number of physicians using remote monitoring devices grew to 30 percent in 2022, from 12 percent in 2016.
5. The digital health technology physicians are most excited about is telehealth visits (57 percent) followed by remote monitoring devices (53 percent).
6. Two in 5 physicians plan to implement augmented intelligence in the next year.
7. One in 5 physicians are currently using augmented intelligence.