Here are six compensation updates Becker's has reported on since March 28:
- Oncology saw the biggest pay jump in the last year.
- The average yearly salary among physicians of all specialties is $352,000.
- Public health and preventive medicine physicians, medicine's lowest-paid specialists, earned nearly 60 percent less than plastic surgeons, the highest-paid specialists.
- Plastic surgeons, medicine's highest-earning specialists, earned an average of $619,000, whereas the lowest-paid specialty earned $249,000.
- Three physician billionaires saw a net worth decrease from 2022 to 2023.
- Emergency medicine physicians saw the biggest pay increase in 2022.