Here are five compensation updates physicians should know that Becker's has reported on since Sept. 27:
- Median base salaries rose by 4.1% between 2022 and 2023 for leaders at all healthcare organizations.
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill that will gradually raise the minimum wage of healthcare workers in the state to $25.
- Physicians in the United States make the most compared to their international counterparts, averaging $352,000 annually.
- Young physicians not receiving an annual raise was the most reported example of employers making financial cuts.
- Office-based single-specialty group practices paid young physicians the most for the third year in a row, with physicians in this setting earning $339,000 on average annually.